Tuesday 4 December 2012

My small victory

I did it. I am now under 130lbs and happy with my weight. I am not happy with my saggy skin but knowing I lost my baby weight is a wonderful feeling.

For me the biggest thing was moderation. Not cutting things out and then bingeing but cutting back. The biggest thing I cut back on was portion size and carbs. I used to have a large portion of potatoes now I just consciously choose to take less potatoes and more meat and veggies. I was inspired by the documentary fathead but didn't take it that far.

Now that I have basically stopped breastfeeding it has helped. While the breastfeeding does help you lose weight it made me hungry all the time and I would have to mentally portion control in order to not over eat. My appetite has been curbed now and I find I am just not hungry. I take my small portion telling myself I can have seconds and usually I don't even want seconds. I even pass up more of my favourite foods.

I know God has helped me a lot and we all need to find our own ways of weight control. I am glad I found mine. It hasn't been easy but I feel good and I can't wait to get back on my horse!

1 comment:

  1. Woohooo! Good for you. I think that that is what would be best for me, portion control. Less potatoes (oh you wonderful yummy potatoes) and more veggies and meat.

    ReplyDelete