Tuesday 3 January 2012

My Last Month

It is hard to believe that in a little over a month there will be a little boy in my arms (or girl, won't that be a surprise?). One of the benefits of a scheduled c-section (which should be scheduled tomorrow for sure) is that you know when you are going to have the baby and can really, truly plan. Of course you have to be prepared for an early c-section. Matt can book his week off. Mom can arrange things to come and help. And I can make myself a chocolate advent calendar...

But as it approaches there are downsides to the event. Recovery being the big one. I hate surgery, I hate needles, I hate spinals and I hate that awful feeling of not being quite right after. And then of course I have another surgery in six weeks or so to look forward to. I definitely would not choose a c-section could I have it another way.

Christmas was wonderful and so was New Years. Seeing friends, having parties, eating food and opening presents. I am sad it is over. Yes, it was a lot of fun but the other reason is it helped give me something to look forward to that kept my mind of my pregnancy. Now all I have left is the waiting. And Hadassah's 2nd Birthday.

Happy New Year everyone and I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment