Saturday 10 December 2011

Oh, to be Canadian

I was just reading a comment on my husband's facebook about our odd shaped bacon. I don't know about you but when I hear the word bacon I don't think of Canadian Bacon (back bacon) I think of well, bacon, bacon. The truth of the matter is I was an adult before I even heard of the term Canadian Bacon. And we raised pigs! But this wasn't because we called back bacon plain old bacon it was because it was called back bacon. And we did not eat it very often. So, perhaps Back bacon was a Canadian concept that our American friends decided to honour us with the name but now in usual stereotype ignorance it has become the concept that if you come to Canada and you try to buy bacon you are not going to bacon, bacon but rather back bacon.

Just so you know, I am in no way craving bacon. In fact, bacon is greasy and gross and better left uneaten...


That was my in depth rant on Canadian Bacon. And just so you know, even though I call cheese slices 'American Cheese' I in no way think it is what all American Cheese is like. I merely honour them with the invention of those plastic squares.

Hadassah burnt her finger tips on the wood stove last night but is recovering well. She is using her hands and the blisters are staying closed. Connie has gone to her new home and I only choked up a little. I feel really good about it and I know I made the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny Heidi!

    We prayed for Dassa, so glad to hear she is doing well! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete