Saturday 12 November 2011

The Case of the Disappearing November

I was pretty sure November just started and yet on Monday my husband gets his mid month cheque. Not that I am complaining about payday. Actually, I'm not complaining at all it was just a huge surprise. The only anxiety I feel over this fleeting month is I really wanted to have my tree up early and now I wonder if that will happen. Honestly, I am sure someone who is 6mths pregnant will never complain about time going too fast.

February 10th is the latest they will let me go with this pregnancy. That means it is now under three months until baby is born. December is always such a swift month too that really the only month I have to survive is January. And then of course I have to survive having a newborn and a 2yr old.

But, time is going fast enough as it is. For now, I really know I need to focus on enjoying the now. Despite the aching and emotional roller coaster I am. Despite the nausea that persists. Despite a toddler who cannot seem to kick a cold. Despite an overworked under appreciated husband. Despite the financial losses. All these things that bombard the mind and cause such despair.

There are always so many things to be thankful for. We have a beautiful farm. We have no life threatening illnesses. We have vehicles that run. The weather has been mild saving us money on heating and power. I have a healthy child growing inside of me (a friend recently lost her baby at 21 weeks) and it breaks my heart for her. It makes me feel guilty for complaining about any discomforts I may have as my baby is well and thriving). The good definitely outweighs the bad and it is the good that I need to learn to focus on and thank God for!

No comments:

Post a Comment