Wednesday 23 November 2011

Mommy is okay, dear.

Hadassah hates it when I cry. She comes over to me and gives me a hug and talks in her special trying to make me feel better voice. Today I cried, a lot. I cried when she was shaking from lack of food this morning but I could hardly get her to eat her porridge. I cried when I read the ingredients on food and soy was in everything dairy wasn't. I cried when all she wanted to do was lay on me and sleep even though she didn't get up until 9:30. I cried when I didn't want to do anything around the house but knew I should. I cried when the car wouldn't start so my evening hanging out with Matt and friends while Grandma Hedy babysat was ruined, and I couldn't get food she could eat.

I am exhausted. There is nothing more tiring than wallowing in self pity all day. That and trying to figure out how to get your toddler to eat. She did eat eventually and I must tell you her mood improved drastically. Lipton's chicken noodle soup does not contain anything she can't have (though I am not impressed with MSG I will ignore that ingredient for now). After only a few of the noodles she started chattering. She wanted down. She wanted to play. I gave up on a clean house and placed the bowl of tiny noodles on an end table and let her pick at them. Then she just stayed there eating them so I moved her to a high chair. She was buzzed. She told me a lot of stories. She told her Father when he got home a lot of stories. She wanted to play. My mood improved drastically!

Even though I was exhausted I took my husband's work car in to get groceries. I was pretty sure I was going to be spending a lot of money on foods she could eat but thankfully it was only just over $100. Now whether she will actually eat anything I bought is another question entirely. She did seem pretty excited about the Cheerios.

In other news I have decided to not worry about the pet allergies. Her nose isn't running, her eczema is only on her cheeks and the Aveeno seems to help. She isn't wheezing anymore. And I have a lot to work on in the food area. So, I allowed my cats to come back in and they were very grateful. Of course Dassa buried her faceing Cleo's soft belly. But she didn't get a rash or any other noticeable reaction. I controlled myself from stopping her.

The toddler bed transition has gone smooth. No getting out since the first time we put her in, even at naps.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to get her to eat, Heidi, and I am so sorry things have been so hard lately. I miss you, love you, and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that she was able to eat something. It makes me smile to hear about her. So sweet of her to comfort you!

    ReplyDelete